Greetings from Toronto! I have been really enjoying my time here out east and have a long list of galleries, museums, and other cultural venues to try and hit up this week as I take advantage of the conference trip. Speaking of which, our Douglas Coupland paper went over nicely at the Gastronomy conference at the University of Toronto, Mississauga and we were able to take in a number of interesting food culture discussions cutting across many disciplinary boundaries and approaches. Strolling around Toronto today, it was fantastic to see the diversity of cuisines and cultures reflected everywhere-- walking smack into the St. Patrick's Day parade was also an unexpected but memorable moment! Much like so many other great world cities, there are surprises around every corner here and I cannot wait to get back out there tomorrow. Happy Sunday night!.... and enjoy this week's chosen links.
List of Links (for quicker linking):
- Beauty in Design: Seven Ways of Seeing
- This Is What Happens When You Try to Print Out the Entirety of Wikipedia
- You Don’t Have as Much Control in Videogames as You Think
- Who Said This: Ai Weiwei Or Andy Warhol?
- A Brief History of “Happenings” in 1960s New York
- Do Artists Make the Best Curators?
- French Street Artist JR Will Make the Louvre's Pyramid Disappear This Summer
- The Deep-Rooted Expression of Ceramics
- The Frank Gehry Story
- Au Revoir, Internet Cat Video Festival (YouTube VIDEO)